Cajun Blackened Salmon Salad
A quick, healthy and effortless meal! Perfect for weeknights when you're in a rush or simply looking for an easy meal.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chile Powder
- 1 pound Skinless Salmon Fillets
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Mixed Greens I prefer a mix of romaine, spinach, kale and chard
- Bell Peppers sliced
- Red Onion sliced
- Tomato wedges
- Strawberries sliced
- Feta Cheese
- Italian or Balsamic Dressing to taste
- Mix all spices well. Store in dry, closed container.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat cast iron skillet on medium high heat and add oil.
- While waiting for pan to heat up, season salmon fillets heavily with cajun seasoning (homemade or store bought).
- Once pan is thoroughly heat and hot (water sizzles and bounces when put on skillet), sear each side of salmon fillet for 1-2 minutes, until blackened on each side.
- Place salmon in oiled, glass baking dish and bake for 10 minutes or until done (internal temperature of 145+ degrees).
- Place salad greens and toppings on large plate. Top with salmon and your choice of dressing.
If you have non-fish eaters in your family, the salmon could easily be substituted with chicken breast. Adjust cayenne seasoning based on how spicy you prefer your food.