If you had a choice, what beauty practice would you choose to never have to do again? For me it’s definitely shaving. I feel like it’s a never ending task, takes too much time and it irritates the crap out of my skin. While I hate doing it, I’m not ready to succumb to letting everything go au naturelle. The above thought is what made me so excited when Tria agreed to partner on learning more about their Hair Removal Laser 4x.
The Tria Hair Removal Laser is the first and only FDA cleared at home laser hair removal system. The Hair Removal Laser 4x uses diode laser technology to permanently disable the hair follicle on the face and body which helps to stop hair growth. The hair eventually falls out and leaves behind smoother and softer skin. I’ve always been interested in laser hair removal, but the price and intensive process always kept me from going through with it.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Laser Hair Removal?
Tria’s Hair Removal Laser 4x is safe for most skin and hair types, but certain skin tones and hair colors work better than others. The laser works best on lighter skin tones (dark skin tones have higher levels of melanin which can be damaged by the laser) and on dark hair (lighter hair colors do not absorb enough of the lasers energy to disable the hair follicle). Definitely be sure to check here to see if Laser Hair Removal 4x is a good fit for you.
How Do You Use the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4x?
The Tria Hair Removal Laser is super easy and simple to use!
Follow the below steps:
- Cleanse and shave areas in which you plan to use.
- Press the button on top and unlock using the sensor at the bottom (it checks to make sure that your skin type is compatible and will not suffer damage for the laser).
- Select your comfort level. There are 5 levels to choose from and the laser works best when you use the highest level that is comfortable for you.
- Apply Smooth Start Calming Gel to areas you plan to use the hair removal laser (you can use without as well without too much discomfort).
- Place the treatment window on skin to begin laser process. You will see a flash and hear a beep when it is working. After the beep, move slightly (1/4 inch) to next area.
How Often Do You Need To Use It?
It is recommended to treat areas once every two weeks. This period of time allows for the results as it targets the hair follicle at the proper stage of its hair growth.
Is It Painful?
The process of using the hair removal laser was not very painful, but there is a slight sting when you use it. It reminds me of the feeling of a rubber band snapping on the skin (this was at level 4 with no numbing cream). I felt like after using it awhile that I got used to the feeling and that it bothered me less. It definitely wasn’t uncomfortable enough to cause me to avoid and put off using the laser.
Why Use An At Home Removal Laser?
- Cost – Using an at home system is SO much cheaper than going in for professional laser hair removal. For a fraction of the cost, you can use your Tria (which has the same core diode laser technology used in professional offices). While the initial investment for a Tria Hair Removal Laser can be an investment, in comparison to the costs of going in for professional treatments it is the much more cost-conscious option.
- Time – Instead of making appointments and sitting in dermatologists office for continuous treatments you can use the Tria on your schedule, in your home and when it’s convenient for you. As a mom, I LOVE this option because I don’t have to worry about a sitter and can do it whenever works for me (like naptime or when the kids are playing).
- Convenience – I love the thought of never shaving again! No more rush shaves when you realize you’re heading to the beach or pool.
- Confidence – No worries about stray bikini hairs making an unwanted appearance, say goodbye to hairy armpits and clearer skin since shaving can be a huge irritant for many people.
Does It Work?
After each treatment, hair that has been treated begins to fall out while the hair that regrows in is softer and lighter. After several months of treatments more hair follicles will become deactivated and hair will cease to grow. I’ve only been using mine for 2 weeks now, so I can’t say quite yet what my experience is in it’s entirety. However, if you read reviews, most people are having great results after repeated use. I plan on updating with my results within the next 8 weeks or so, so be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss the update!
What beauty task do you dislike and wish you could never do again?