Chocolate Banana Protein Mug Cake
Satisfy sweet cravings with this simple low sugar, high protein mug cake! Can be served as a dessert, snack or even a great breakfast option!
- 1 scoop NOW Dutch Chocolate Whey Protein
- 1 banana small and mashed
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp egg white equivalent of one egg white
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp sweetener (honey, agave, cane sugar) optional and to taste
- nut butter
- cocoa nibs
- Spray a large mug with cooking spray.
- Add all dry ingredients together in small bowl and mix well.
- Add mashed banana, egg whites, milk and sweetener to dry ingredients and mix well. Add to mug.
- Cook for 30 seconds in microwave and mix well. Cook an additional 30 seconds. If cake still appears wet, cook for 25-30 seconds increments until done.
- Top with nut butter and cocoa nibs if desired.
Note: Cooking at a lower power (50%) yields a more gooey and tender cake. You will have to cook the mug cake longer. Keep an eye on cakes as they cook as they can expand a lot and overflow if mug is not large enough.