Chocolate Peanut Date Bars
Chewy, sweet, chocolatey and oh-so-good!
- 2 cups dates loosely packed
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder use plant based for vegan bars
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts unsalted preferred
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2-3 Tbsp water use more or less, as needed
- dash of salt to taste
- chocolate chips optional
- sea salt optional
- Add peanuts to processor (using the blade attachment) and pulse a few times until peanuts are a bread-crumb like texture.
- Add dates, protein powder, peanut butter, cocoa powder and salt and process until it forms a clump or ball. Add water as needed if mixture is too dry to clump together.
- Line a shallow pan with parchment paper and press mixture into pan uniformly. Press in chocolate chips and sea salt if desired.
- Place pan with mixture into fridge for 30 minutes. Cut into bars.