Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde
- 8 medium tomatillos husks removed, rinsed and stem removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed (can leave seeds if want a HOT salsa)
- 1/2 lime juiced with seeds removed
- 1/4 cup cilantro stems removed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 large avocado pitted and peeled
- Bring water to boil and add tomatillos. Boil for 4-5 to minutes. Remove from water.
- Add tomatillos, garlic, onion and jalapeno to blender and blend until sauce is smooth and pureed.
- Add lime juice, all seasonings and avocado and pulse several times. If you prefer a smooth verde salsa, blend more. If a more chunky salsa is desired, pulse once or twice. Chill for several hours.
Note: Tomatillos don't have to be boiled, but I find that it yields a richer flavor. They can be used raw for a brighter and tangier salsa.