Crispy Baked Ravioli
This quick and easy recipes makes delicious ravioli that has a satisfying crunch and gooey cheesy center. Perfect for serving alongside marinara sauce for a quick and savory appetizer! Baking them rather than frying them cuts down significantly on fat and calories.
- 12-15 ounce frozen ravioli any variety
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup pasta or marinara sauce my favorite is Ragu Homestyle
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a wire rack over a baking pan. Oil wire rack generously.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, onion, red pepper and italian seasonings.
- Dip each ravioli in the egg wash first, than coat evenly with breadcrumb mixture (you may need to press the ravioli firmly into breadcrumbs to get a thick coating). Place ravioli on wire rack. Repeat with all raviolis.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until toasted brown. You may use the broiler, for additional toastiness. Serve with pasta or marinara sauce for dipping.
Do not thaw ravioli. I imagine that you could also do this with refrigerated ravioli but your baking time may need to lessen. Also, these can be prepped ahead of time. Dip and bread them, than freeze them on cookie sheets in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag until ready to bake (400 degrees for 20 minutes).
Spread the love
Leave A Comment