Crispy Loaded Smashed Potatoes
- 1.3 pound small baby potatoes (about 20 potatoes) I prefer gold for a creamier texture, washed
- 3 Tbsp Mazola Corn Oil
- 6-7 strips turkey bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450º F. Bring pot of water to boil.
- Add potatoes to pot to boil for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and place in medium bowl.
- Drizzle potatoes with 2 Tbsp of Mazola corn oil, season with garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a large baking sheet with 1 Tbsp Mazola Corn Oil. Place potatoes on tray and smash with potato masher, bottom of glass or heel of hand (make sure they're cool to touch if using hand!). The thinner they are, the more crunchy they'll be.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, turkey bacon and sprinkle green onions on top! Serve warm.
Note: In a time crunch, potatoes can be cooked in the microwave instead of boiled.