This review was made possible by iConnect and Luvs. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions stated are 100% mine.
Have you ever left the house with your baby and realize you left the diaper bag at home? Or open up the bag and realize that there are no wipes or diapers? I am a pretty organized most the time, but getting out the door with two little ones, it’s bound to happen now and and then, no matter how planned and prepared of a parent you are. It seems like it always happens after a major blow out, spit-up fest or some other kid inspired mess of some sort.
After a few scenarios listed above, I finally decided to put an end to it and make a DIY Car Kit Essentials for Baby/Toddler. This kit serves as a diaper bag backup, for those moments you leave it sitting on the kitchen counter or forget to repack it with all your essentials.
Car Kit Essentials for Baby and/or Toddler Checklist:
- Diapers – This is a must have! I keep my car kit stocked up with Luvs diapers in a couple of different sizes. I love using Luvs because they are so soft and absorbent with ultra leakage protection. It’s a premium diaper without the premium cost. Keep an eye out for future Sunday newspapers (September 25th and October 29th in the P&G insert) for $2 off coupons that can be used on any one diaper pack at any mass, grocery or discount store to save even more money!
- Wipes – You can never have enough wipes! Poop, sticky hands, spit-up, spills, remove makeup, clean nasty shopping carts, you get the drift.
- Extra outfit for baby & mom – I always keep an extra outfit for baby (usually size up in case I forget to swap it out) and a shirt for me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been spit up on and didn’t have a change of clothes. No one wants to walk around smelling like sour milk. 😛
- Wet bag – Throw those yucky, dirty, poop-splosion clothes in the wet bag until you get home.
- Hand Sanitizer – Sometimes you can’t get to a sink and this works in a pinch.
- Bandaids – Cute band-aids can often help those boo boo’s heal so much quicker. 😉
- Food/snacks (for baby/toddler and mom) – This is a must have. There’s nothing worse than trying to run errands with a hangry toddler or baby. If you’re a breastfeeding mom, having snacks is important too because when hunger hits, it’s intense.
- Toy – I like keeping a few new toys hidden away in my car kit to help distract when errands or traffic take longer than expected. It can easily buy me 15 minutes when needed.
- Blanket – I always forget to bring a blanket. I love lightweight muslin blankets.
- Water bottle(s) – Quench sudden thirst, use for cleanup, or mix with formula if needed.
Don’t forget, to stock up on Luvs diapers for your car kit while they are on sale!
Remember, coupons will be in the Sunday paper on September 25th AND October 9th ($2 off)!
Is there anything that I missed? Do you have a baby car kit for those forgetful days?