Phew, winter has rolled in with a vengeance and what better way to embrace then to warm up with a little bit of seasonal vodka to keep you warm. The bitter cold and tons of snow have me cooped up in the house and I figured why not try out a recipe I’ve been waiting to do for awhile. I’m kind of wishing that I had tried this earlier so that I could have possibly used it for a fun Christmas gifts for our friends. It would be especially cute to put into a small mason with one of these fabulous labels and have a festive seasonal fabric topping it. Such a great personalized, affordable holiday host gift!
The recipe is super easy and has rave reviews, so within a week I’m hoping to enjoy a wonderful cocktail or martini!
DIY Cranberry Vodka
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean, split
- 2 oranges, peels cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 (750-ml) bottle vodka
2. Place orange peels in a large glass container with an airtight lid, or large mason jars with lids. Pour vodka over the orange peels.
3. Allow the cranberry mixture to cool. Pour the cooled mixture into the glass container(s). Cover tightly and set aside for 1 week.
4. After 1 week, strain out the cranberries and orange peels and pour mixture into a clean bottle, using a funnel. Store vodka in the refrigerator.
I’m pretty excited to see how this turns out and looking forward to enjoying a drink with friends and family.