Hey friends! Today I’m sharing a super cute and ridiculously easy do-it-yourself pumpkin pail planter for Halloween and fall decorating, plus a little front porch decorating to welcome visitor and trick or treaters. I was challenged by Walmart with their $25 Halloween challenge and I decided that I wanted to take the money to decorative or front porch. I immediately had an idea that I wanted to try and I’m so excited for how well it turned out!
This planter uses very few products, is super cheap to make (under $10) and can be customized by painting whichever color matches your decor best.
- 3 Pumpkin Pails
- Spray paint (make sure its one that is compatible with plastic
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Plant (fake or real)
- Cut off handles to each pail.
- Spray paint pails the color of your choice. Let dry and reapply second coat.
- Fill the bottom pail with heavy substance to add weight for stability. We used rocks, but could also use sand.
- Apply generous amount of hot glue to bottom of one pumpkin and glue to top of your base pumpkin. Repeat with third pumpkin.
- You may want to add an extra glue bead to ensure a proper and solid attachment.
- Add dirt and plant. I love using seasonal flowers like mums as they can handle cooler temperatures. If using real plants, you may want to place plant in smaller pot that can be inserted into pumpkin for proper drainage.
- Add your decorative ribbon.
- Viola! You have yourself a cute, personalized pumpkin planter!
For the visual learners, here’s a quick how to video tutorial:
I love how festive this looks when walking up to our porch. I added in some fun scarecrows, a bright & bold door hanging, light up pumpkins and used some scrap fabric to cover our summer pillows with more fall inspired colors and prints. For around $25, I’m so pleased with how everything turned out!
Do you go crazy decorating for the holidays?