Grilled Hawaiian Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches
Grilled Hawaiian chicken and pineapple sandwiches are super simple to make, take less than 30 minutes and oh-so-good for a crowd! They are the perfect combination of sweet and smoky for a great summer inspired meal!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce
- Pineapple slices in juice or fresh
- 4 Bays English Muffins
- 4 sharp cheddar sliced (Sharp Vermont is my favorite)
- tomato sliced
- red onion sliced
- romaine leaves
Teriyaki Mayo Sauce
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 1 1/2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional and can be varied depending on heat preferred.
- Marinade chicken for at least one hour prior to cooking. Prepare Teriyaki mayo.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken until fully cooked and thermometer reads 165º.
- Grill pineapple on grill for several minutes on each side.
- Toast your English muffins until browned (either in grill, via broiler or toaster).
- To assemble sandwich, smear a generous amount of teriyaki mayo sauce on one half of muffins. Place cheese on other side.
- Layer chicken, pineapple, tomato, red onion and romaine leaves. Add more sauce if desired and serve immediately!
- Combine mayo, 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
If you don't have a grill, simply cook chicken & pineapple on your stovetop. Searing the chicken breast & pineapple gives it a great boost of flavor.