A few weeks ago (ok, actually more like a few months ago), my friend Liz sent me some Jamberry nail wraps to try and blog about. I had been seeing more and more post all over social media about these wraps and was really curious about them since I have a horrible track record with nail polish. I LOVE having my nails painted, but I’m lucky if polish lasts more than a day before it starts chipping. I’m extremely hard on my nails. I wash my hands ten million times a day while working at the hospital and changing dirty diapers at home, not to forget all the cooking, cleaning and gardening (without gloves) that I do on a regular basis.
To start, here’s a little information on the wraps and application process from the Jamberry website:
About the product:
- How many wraps are on each sheet of nails? One regular sheet includes 18 Jamberry nail wraps. One sheet of Jamberry Juniors wraps include 42 nail wraps.
- How many applications does one sheet provide? One regular sheet of nail wraps can be used for two to three applications, depending on the size and length of your nails. One sheet of Jamberry Juniors can be used for up to six applications.
- How long will my nail wraps last? Jamberry nail wraps last up to 2 weeks on fingers and 4 weeks on toes.
- There are so many CUTE varieties! There is definitely something for everyone.
- Really affordable. Much cheaper than getting a manicure/pedicure regularly, plus you don’t have to worry about bacteria/disease from the salon. $15 a sheet which is enough for 2-3 applications or more depending on your use.
Simple & Easy:
- Push back cuticles and clean nails with an alcohol wipe.
- Match nail (finger or toe) to the nail wrap that best fits.
- Peel off nail wrap and warm the adhesive side with a mini heater or blow dryer (that’s what I used) for 3-5 seconds or until soft/flexible.
- When warm, press wrap onto the nail. Apply firm pressure around edges to adhere wrap to nail.
- Trim the top with scissors and file off remaining wrap using a downward motion (really important to file in that motion!) to remove excess.
- Apply heat and pressure to the wrap again until it is bonded to the nail.
|Day of application!|
|Isn’t the design adorable! So many styles for every occasion.|
|A few days after application and still no signs of wear.|
|1 & 1/2 week after application : minor wear, but more than anything just nail growth.|
|Nearly 3 weeks later!|
|Only signs of wear is one divot from me dropping a toy on my toe (ouch!)
and nail growth.