No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Almond Bites
These sweet and chewy no bake strawberry shortcake almond bites are oh-so-yummy! No bake strawberry shortcake almond bites are vegan, made with no refined sugars or oils and make a perfect healthier sweet treat. The perfect mix of strawberry goodness, subtle almond flavor and covered with a layer of chocolate goodness.
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 6 Tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond nut butter
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In medium, add almond flour, vanilla protein powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add maple syrup, nut butter and 1 tablespoon of milk to dry ingredients and mix well. Continue mixing until the mixture is similar to cookie dough consistency. If the dough is too dry, add an additional tablespoon of milk. If too wet, add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time.
- Once mixed to cookie dough consistency, add half of the batter to the loaf pan and press lightly into pan.
- Pour jam over the shortbread mixture and spread evenly with a spatula. Add the remaining dough mixture to the pan and press down firmly until everything is an even layer.
- Place in freezer for 2-3 hours to chill. The longer that it is allowed to cool, the easier it will be to cut in pieces and cover with chocolate coating.
- Remove from freezer and use the parchment paper edges to lift out of the pan. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Using a double broiler or microwave, heat chocolate chips and coconut oil until melted and thinned in consistency. If using microwave, I recommend 50% power and check every 10 seconds, mixing very well and often.
- Dip each bite in chocolate and place back on parchment paper to cool and harden.
No bake strawberry shortcake almond bites will last 7 days in the refrigerator and and in the freezer for 3 months.