Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pasta with Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti
This pasta is so simple to put together and wonderful for a quick weeknight meal! This sauce is made with delicious flavors of deep roasted tomatoes and garlic and topped with fresh basil and parmesan cheese for a flavor-packed dish that everyone in the family will enjoy.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds tomatoes (cherry preferred, but can also use romas) If using larger tomatoes, slice in half
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti
- olive oil
- large handful fresh basil sliced into ribbons
- 1/3 cup parmesan flakes
- 1/4-1/2 cup pasta water
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place tomatoes on baking sheet (if using large tomatoes, put cut-side up) and drizzle generously with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- To roast garlic, cut the top half off of garlic bulbs. Place garlic bulbs (don't worry about removing the skin) on a square of foil or parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap garlic with aluminum foil or tie parchment paper with twine.
- Place tomatoes and garlic in oven and roast for 30-35 minutes until tomatoes are roasted deeply and garlic is softened.
- Prepare Barilla Pasta as directed on box. You'll want an al dente noodle for this recipe. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
- When tomatoes and garlic are roasted and pasta is made, add pasta, tomatoes, garlic and half of your basil to a large bowl. Mix well. Drizzle with olive oil or add reserved pasta water if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prior to serving, top with additional protein if desired. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan.