I’m a bit of a yoga junkie so when I was invited out to the check out The Space and The Fuel at Green Oak Village Place in Brighton, I couldn’t wait to go. I had been following them online for awhile and loved watching the transition as they took over their newest space.
The Space is a stunning yoga studio with so many different styles of yoga offered. Immediately upon walking in, there’s a great welcoming vibe and the clean, modern aesthetics are beautiful. You can feel that there is camaraderie and community among the students, but even as a first timer, my friend and I felt welcomed into their community.
Their studio space has infrared heated ceilings that offers direct warmth which gives the benefits of direct sunlight without reducing humidity or oxygen in the room. The heat is kept hot, but not too warm. I’ve been to some studios that were wayyyy to warm for my liking so I appreciated that it wasn’t overkill, but definitely hot enough to help with flexibility and in increasing cardiovascular workout.
They also have an infrared sauna (totally wish I had a chance to check this out more!) with himalayan salt panels to promote blood circulation and sweat out toxins.
Scattered throughout the lobby of The Space there is retail products, ranging from gorgeous crystals, air plants, natural beauty products, handmade jewelry and malas and clothing. Perfect for gifting or picking up treasures for yourself.
There is a wide range of classes for all levels of yogis. A few of the classes offered are:
- The Fusion – Combination of strength and cardio with a mix of vinyasa flows (breath with movement) and extending holding of poses in a heated room. Great for all levels with modifications.
- The Calm – Full body, active recovery hatha yoga style in room temperature. Great for runners and crossfitters.
- The Strength – Using body weight, weights and bands, The Strength focuses on strength and HIIT movement to help you train intensely. Intermediate and advanced members. Non-heated room.
- The Release – Signature vinyasa flow focusing on ujjayi with encouraging messages throughout. Members can flow together and have opportunities to flow on their own. Great for all levels and can be modified to lessen or add intensity. Heated room.
- The Dance – Dance based yoga class. Plyometrics or jump training and dynamic yoga asanas for a quick, intense, enjoyable, upbeat cardio fitness experience. Great for all levels.
- The Contrast – A mix of vinyasa and yin (yinyasa). Boot camp style drills, flows, and HIIT all you to intensely raise your heartbeat and warm your body, then immediately slow down and dynamically stretch through yoga moves. Intermediate and advanced members. Begins heated and end with room temperature room.
- The Flight – Begins with vinyasa flow and moves onto working on inversions. Plenty of time to workshop through asanas and movements. All levels welcome with modifications. Heated room.
See their schedule HERE.
My friend and I went to The Release with Kelli and I loved the flow and energy in the room. Between vinyasa flows, we incorporated some HIIT moves (like burpees, punching, freestyle dance) and it truly felt like a great release. This class is perfect for pushing yourself to your edge. There’s something about pushing yourself to the edge of your physical limitations that opens yourself up and allows your body to just release all the things that you’re holding onto (stress, worry, negative energy). When you reach those limits you can open up understanding, reflect and get the feeling of starting new or refreshed. The positive and affirming message throughout the class was a great complement to the flow and I loved that all the students in the class were so supportive of each other.
For the mamas reading: they offer childcare!!! This is so helpful for those that want to be able to practice more, but struggle with finding time to slip aways to a class for an hour. They offer space for children 0-12 years of age to watch while you attend classes. If you check the schedule, you can see what time that childcare is offered.
After our class, we headed next door to grab something to eat at The Fuel. Their menu includes cold-pressed juices, smoothies, salads, wraps, zoodles and more. All of their creations are dairy free, gluten free, oil free, plant-based, & made with love from fresh whole foods (lots of seasonal foods too). I love the freshness of everything and the aesthetics are gorgeous too!
It’s perfect for grabbing a bite to eat, especially after a class, the help refuel, rehydrate and replenish with nutrient-rich and fresh food. I had the acai bowl and it was amazing!
Green Oak Village Place, The Space and The Fuel are being amazing and offering 2 giveaways for my readers. One winner will receive a gift certificate for 2 weeks of unlimited classes at The Space and another winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to The Fuel!
Follow the prompts below to enter and good luck!
Do you practice yoga?
What’s your favorite type of yoga to practice?
Disclaimer: I was provided with complimentary classes and meals in exchange for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.