Cranberry & Walnut Wild Rice Pilaf
Cranberry and walnut wild rice pilaf is such a flavor packed side dish that pairs perfectly with oven-roasted chicken or pork, Thanksgiving turkey and well-loved addition to a special Christmas meal. This rice pilaf is packed with so many delicious seasonal flavors, such as cranberries, sautéed apples and topped with walnuts for a wonderful crunch.
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 2 cup water
- 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 apple diced, Granny Smith or Honeycrisp preferred
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped
- Add water, Better Than Bouillon paste, wild rice blend, bay leaf and thyme to pot and cook rice as directed on package.
- While rice is cooking, add butter to pan over medium heat to melt. Add diced onion and apple and saute until onions are translucent. Add minced garlic, last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Once rice is fully cooked, add onion and apple mixture to rice and mix well.
- Add cranberries and walnut prior to serving and mix well.
Notes: Dish can be prepared ahead of time and reheated. If serving at a later time, wait to add cranberries and walnuts until prior to serving. For vegetarian option, use Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken Base to cook your rice in.