Healthy Coconut Granola
This delicious and low sugar granola is loaded with so much nutty and coconut goodness! So simple to make and a fraction of the sugar (and cost) when compared to most store-bought brands. Lovely to sprinkle on top of Greek yogurt!
- 3 cups oats
- 3/4 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds can substitute with sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes if don't have/can't find, substitute with shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- salt pinch or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° and cover large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, add oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Mix well.
- In small bowl, add coconut oil (heat in microwave to liquify), maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix well and add to oat mixture.
- Continue mixing until all oats are lightly covered in liquid. Add mixture to cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and mix in shredded coconut and coconut flakes.
- Cook for 5 to 10 more minutes, until coconut begins to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.