Egg & Potato Chorizo Hash with Pico de Gallo
This super simple and delicious recipe is great for breakfast or any time of day. The flavors meld together perfectly to create a mouth watering meal that is filling, satisfying and oh-so-easy!
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 4 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 1 pound chorizo
- 4 cups red potatoes diced
- 5-6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese sharp cheddar
- jalapeños sliced
- cilantro chopped
- avocado sliced
- pico de gallo recipe linked below
- Heat a large cast iron skillet with olive oil over high heat. Add onions and spices and saute until onions are translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add chorizo and green chiles to the pan, stir and cook for 5-6 minutes until chorizo is browned.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the red potatoes to the pan and stir to mix. Pour 1/4 cup of water to the pan and cover with a lid to steam the potatoes. Uncover and stir occasionally to loosen cooked on bits of food.
- Once potatoes have softened and browned, make shallow divots for the eggs. Crack eggs into divots, cover and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes (you want the egg whites set but yolk runny). Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Serve and top with desired toppings.
Recipe for fresh pico de gallo, can be found here: Pico de Gallo.