Summertime is here and for our family that means lots of salads! When it’s hot and muggy out, there’s nothing that sounds better for dinner than a refreshing and simple salad. This salad packs a power punch of cajun flavor, has great lean protein with lots of heart-healthy omega 3’s and is super easy to make.
Cajun Blackened Salmon Salad
A quick, healthy and effortless meal! Perfect for weeknights when you're in a rush or simply looking for an easy meal.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chile Powder
- 1 pound Skinless Salmon Fillets
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Mixed Greens I prefer a mix of romaine, spinach, kale and chard
- Bell Peppers sliced
- Red Onion sliced
- Tomato wedges
- Strawberries sliced
- Feta Cheese
- Italian or Balsamic Dressing to taste
- Mix all spices well. Store in dry, closed container.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat cast iron skillet on medium high heat and add oil.
- While waiting for pan to heat up, season salmon fillets heavily with cajun seasoning (homemade or store bought).
- Once pan is thoroughly heat and hot (water sizzles and bounces when put on skillet), sear each side of salmon fillet for 1-2 minutes, until blackened on each side.
- Place salmon in oiled, glass baking dish and bake for 10 minutes or until done (internal temperature of 145+ degrees).
- Place salad greens and toppings on large plate. Top with salmon and your choice of dressing.
If you have non-fish eaters in your family, the salmon could easily be substituted with chicken breast. Adjust cayenne seasoning based on how spicy you prefer your food.
I love salmon but I haven’t seemed to master the prep. I am hoping I can do this delicious salad next week, it does look easy and also tasty as can be!
This looks amazing. We’ve been having more fish since we can grill and this would be a fun dinner on the deck meal.
I love everything about this! Salmon is my fave and anything blackened or Cajun has to be good!!
I had this in a restaurant once and loved it, now I can make this at home.
I love blackened chicken and I never thought to do the same with salmon. This sounds great!
This is definitely happening in my house, soon. I have loved salmon since becoming pregnant! Thanks for the share!
That looks good and it is such a health mill.
I love anything cajun, but haven’t tried it with salmon. What a great idea! Will have to try this one!
Looks like the perfect summer salad. Love those spices!
Yum, looks delicious!! I LOVE salmon!!
Oh my goodness, that looks SO good! I just had some salmon for dinner last night, but yours looks even better!
I LOVE cajun seasoning. This is incredibly appetizing. Can’t wait to try it out on the fam.
This looks sooooo good! I’m having salad for lunch today, but unfortunately don’t have salmon. I can’t wait to try this.
[…] salmon salad is loaded with good healthy fats and plenty of […]